Replacing front fog lights on 156? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 23-08-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GT Monza 1.9JTDm

Replacing front fog lights on 156?

Anybody assist on where to start to replace the front fog lights on 156? A crow put his head through one and a stone through the other. Looks like I might have to remove engine tray. Anybody provide guidance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire
Hi Tee-O, Welcome to AO
I swapped one of mine a cople of Years back, I can't remember what I did now, but I definitly didn't take the Engine tray off.
I think it helps if you have small hands, and an extra joint betwen your Wrist and Elbow. wink
AO Silver Member

I've been waiting on a warranty replacement (4th one) of these since February - if you can get hold of them let me know - my dealer cannot...

SImon
AO Platinum Member

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Tee-O:
Anybody assist on where to start to replace the front fog lights on 156? Looks like I might have to remove engine tray.<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi Tee-O,
I'm quessing that you posted on the 155 forum by mistake as I've already replied to the same post from you on the 156 forum, but anyway:

you should be able to remove the fog lights from the front.

The plastic cover is held on with one screw and a clip.
Once the cover is removed you should be able to get to the fog light.
Remove the two mounting screws, pull the light forward and disconnect the cable.

David C

Audi TT 3.2v6 DSG
xAlfa 156 Selespeed sp3 + Brembo conversion
Fiat Cinquecento 899cc
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Tee-O:
<strong>...A crow put his head through one and a stone through the other...</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Violent crow, did you nail him?
BLUE

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by IanM:
<strong>Hi Tee-O, Welcome to AO
I swapped one of mine a cople of Years back, I can't remember what I did now, but I definitly didn't take the Engine tray off.
I think it helps if you have small hands, and an extra joint betwen your Wrist and Elbow. wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

BLUE

on the problem with the front fogs..looks like every second alfa has them busted...reckon its a nice little money spinner for alfa....You really need to get it onto a ramp....cause its impossible to work on it when your motor is dropped to 2" with the skirts.Its a piece of **** after that...just pop in to a quik fit garage early morning mid week,throw the lads a few quid and you will be done in 10 minutes

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

Tags
156 , fog , front , lights , replacing