164 Q4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
hannu koponen
164 Q4

I have 75 QV just now, and I got (brilliant) idea to buy 164 Q4. I just like to ask some advice, because seems it's quite a rare Alfa model and in Finland we don't have even single car like this.
Is there something specially to worry about? What are the best / worst things in 164 Q4?

Best Regards
Hannu Koponen
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Sud/Sprint/33 Lounge Winner 09
County: Cambridgeshire
I only have a V6 Lusso, however the Q4 is a completely different car in many repsects seeing that it is 4WD and has a 6-speed box.The only disadvantage to owning one i can think of would be the cost if something went wrong with the running gear for example.The engine is the same as a QV and most of the other parts are also the same.
If the 164 Q4 is like the 155 then the chassis & engine is based on the Lancia Delta Intergrale. So if anything goes wrong u should be able to get bits of an Lancia. Although saying that it still won't be cheap as a friend of mine had a Lancia and the gearbox went costing 2500 to get it sorted.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.0 Veloce

Re: 164 Q4

I think the only issue with the 164 Q4 is the cost to buy, with it being such a rare car. I've read previously that a decent example will cost around 10,000. In the same article, the engineering was praised... litlle is carried over from other cars - the gearbox is a Getrag or Quaife or something like that, and the whole drivetrain is bulletproof. Apparently, it's a real good example of engineering.
AO Silver Member
County: Gauteng
Re: 164 Q4

I would kill for a 164 Q4!!! (well almost)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146