Wheels - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 20-06-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

I am currently in the market for some wheels for my 91 164 tpsark and would welcome any advise on size of wheel, I want to go as big as I can without upsettting the ride / handling.
the car has a 4 bolt hub so I would also appreciate some comments on what wheels people think would suit the car

Sponsored Links
Hiya it is all a question of taste really & how much u want to spend. Are you going to lower the car, because if not large wheels look silly with 2-3 inch above them, but again that is my taste. U could probably get away with 17" wheels without upseting the ride. U will only improve the handling as the larger tyres will have a smaller side wall to keep the rolling radius (RR) the same. If there is an Unicar showroom near u then pop in there as they have a cool little screen where u select ur car model then u can put different sets of wheels on it in like a virtual show room.
AO Gold Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Try this site if you haven't already.

web page

They have loads of pictures of 164. Might give you some ideas.
AO Member
Sud/Sprint/33 Lounge Winner 09
County: Cambridgeshire
17's will go straight on.Mine is lowered 40mm and i bolted 7.5x17" with 215/45/17 tyres on with no problems-the only thing i noticed is that the o/s/f drive shaft has occasionaly rubbed on the arch liner, but only just enough to rub the dirt off it.I used to run 7x15" with 225/50/15 tyres with no clearance probs either.Have a look in members cars no.35 if you like.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146