gearbox wanted - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Roy Campbell
gearbox wanted

Hello all,
If any of you saw my previous "looking for sympathy" thread, here is an update, the gearbox has gone, there is a lot of expensive noises coming eminating from it. Does any one have or know of a 1.7 16v boxer 145 "M" reg gearbox/engine, it must be good/warrented etc. I don't want to fit one to find out more problems, Im sure you understand my predicament, I could rebuild the fecked one, anyone had experience of this
Cheers in advance
Sponsored Links
ian campbell
Hi roy
Is your gearbox nackerd
Did euan not notice this
Roy Campbell

aprarently not, It does seem that the gearbox was the cause of the clutch demise. This make sense as the clutch had been replaced in August last year as well. The release bearing was under pressure eventually forcing its way through the "fingers" on the release plate and releasing the ball bearings from the bearing.
What shifts are you this week

AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

Just from what you posted on the other thread, that's one knackered gearbox. How many miles are on it? Sounds like the bearings are gone on all the drive shafts, gear selectors are shot, and syncro is out! Mine had 110k miles on it before it started to whine, a rebuild (replacement bearings, sun/planet cogs) was quoted at €600 euro.
Did you try geting a quote on a recon? It may be cheaper than buying a newer one with a warranty. I picked one up for my 1.6l boxer in a scrap yard in the North of Ireland for 170 Sterling. It's got 70k miles...

For Sale: Alfa Romeo Spark Plugs - NGK laser platinum, 10mm & 14mm. PM me.

"And now my friend, the first rule of italian driving. Whatsa behind me is not important."
ian campbell
Night shift until next thursday morning

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

gearbox , wanted