SUNROOF - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Hi i own a 146 ti, with a sunroof. However a few days ago when it was sunny, i tried to open it, it opened half an inch before making a terrible noise and the glass not moving. I then tried to close it. this was very difficult and had to get a friend to help me whilst parked so that he could push the button and i could use all my force to try and wedge the roof closed.
I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else. If so what they did about it and how to do it would be a great help.... thanks
Sponsored Links
correction. the sunroof opens, however stops every so often unil you release the button then push it again. however it will not close at all.... any ideas would be great..... thanks in advance
AO Silver Member

Member car:

155 Q4

dont know about the 146 but the 155 has a small panel under the sunroof when taken off it has a key on the back of it to wind it closed not a fix but could help close it if you get stuck.
In my 155 the sunroof once wouldn't move one way after a service. They forgot to put 1 screw back in place. So the theethed wheels wouldn't move to set the mechanism in work.(Too much room for the theeth to slip instead of gripping in each other.)

There should be a little platic cover in the roof to let you reach the internals of the mechanism.

thanks for the replys guys.. however when you say panal, do you mean the panal where all the controls are?? that is the only panel in my roof.
however i have since tried to remove it, but the sensors for the alarm are also joined on to this panel. i do not want to damage these. maybe i'll just take it to the dealer, should be an easy fix. i hope... well if anybody has any more suggestions tho on how to take off the panel i am still willing to give it a go... thanks
AO Member
Don't know about the 146 but my 164 sunroof control panel cover flips off with a thin blade screwdriver to reaveal 2 philips headed screws.
Undo these to get at the interssting bits!
Best of luck.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

This sounds like the window issue some of us have on our 145's. The window rubbers become dirty or sticky. What happens is that the motor cuts out at a spot when the resistance becomes too high. In Halfords have a look for some window-rubber oil in a yellow spray can. I can't remeber whether this is or is-not silicon based.
You need to wipe this onto the sealing rubbers and any other components which may be causing resistance.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146