Nemesis wants a 145! - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Well, if it's a nice noise and tuneability you're after then sod the twin spark engines and go for a 1.7 boxer.

I love the boxer noise (comes from a long running love affair with 33s, I'm afraid) and tuning is dead easy.

They have 129bhp stock. With your mods I think you'd be looking at 140 - 150. They do need revving to get the best from them, but then that's half the fun.

And if you shop around / haggle, you can pick them up for under 1500 now on an N plate - still 2k for low mileage. In fact on there was an n plate black 145 with leather for 2k a couple of weeks back. Don't know if it's still there. From memoery it had done about 80k and had a new set of belts.

People really struggle to sell them. I got mine from a garage - and got 800 knocked off the screenprice within five minutes - and that was after he agreed to fit a new clutch!

Oh yeah - if you put a set of 17 inchers on it, you'll need to rool the arches on the back. Better off sticking with 15s / 16s I think.

156 2.4jtd working it's way towards perfect condition. Loving the diesel warpage!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

Are the 1.6 boxers as easy to tune as the 1.7's? What can be done? I'm about to aquire a 146 in a few weeks (as well as the 145) for €700. I may want to have a good fiddle underneath.
Let us in on the secrets...
AO Member
County: Greater London
This might sound stupid, but if you wanna tune the 145 then go for the 1.8, cos its a 'square' engine, i.e the bore and stroke are matched, over square - big bore small stroke, like the V6's is the best. the 1.8 is the best comprimise, the 2.0 is undersquare, thats why it needs the balancer shafts.
But if you want performance out the box, cant fault the 2.0, its a stonking engine!!!

Best mods:
Induction kit (CDA box)
Full supersprint exhaust
Cams (reprofilled-cheap, C & B-bit more expensive)
Eibach springs/Koni yellows
And a real remap on the rollers, not a guestimate job!
Or if your serious, throttle bodies and an aftermarket ecu, see
Imagine the sound of that at full throttle!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

145 , nemesis