Who's got an air intake mod? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
DT - 145 Cloverleaf
Who's got an air intake mod?

I saw a guy a couple of weeks ago who mentioned in his thread that he'd fitted a K&N box to his 145 Cloverleaf. Was this you or have you done something similar?

I wanted to know if the 57i (or anything else) was actually worth the money in terms of performance increase/hassle with the air flow sensors etc and whether I'd sound like a cheap boy racer after fitting one (which would be a bad thing )

Also, a number of threads have mentioned a CAT bypass pipe or something. What??? I know that the CAT will decrease overall bhp blah blah blah but the actual technique of removing it and replacing it with nothing is new to me. Is there a specific component you can buy to do this? Is it easy to do? If it worth doing? Is it something that is easily rectified come MOT time?

Any info on either would be grand!! Ta
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

I fitted a K&N panel filter as a direct replacement for the standard and certainly noticed an improvement, without too much increase in induction noise (although it has been suggested in other threads that there is an improvement at the top end, but response lower down is not as good - not noticed this myself ).

For more details about a cat replacement pipe have a look at www.supersprint.com. They have a replacement for the 145 cat. I am considering a supersprint system at the moment, but will leave the cat well alone!
fitted a 57i cone filter to my 2.0 155.car seems to be a bit smoother,pulls better at lower revs.increase in induction noise but nowhere near boy racer noise.have it a year no problems with airflow metre.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
we have the technology we can rebuild it........

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

air , intake , mod