transponder unit - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Nordic Blue
transponder unit

Where can i find it on a 164 and how if i don't have the brown master key can i restart the b thing started again
Sponsored Links
Can you tell us a bit more about whats wrong with the car Ted? Your post is a bit vague.
Nordic Blue
Hi Colin,
it's a mates car and he went to start his car but nothig happened as if the imobiliser had come in so he rang Alfa and they said it was this transponder unit and to diconnect it and then connect it again and this should sort the problem but where is the b*oody thing.
I have posted this also on and i am otherwise known as Nordic Blue.
Hope you or someone can help

AO Member

Member car:

ALFA 155 V6

TED usually thechip is in the key and the transponder unit is around the ignition barrel so it can pick up the signal

Whip the covers off and have a look
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.0 16v SP3

Hope this is helpful:

The transponder operates the CODE unit which in turn immobilises the car. The CODE unit is a little red box with two sets of wires in multi-block connectors (the sort you push a tab in with a small scredriver to remove). It is located just above the fuse box on a 155. You will need to remover the dash trim above (3 screws - simple) to get access, then you need long thin fingers and will have to feel your way to the plugs to get them out. Be carful not to pull any wires out of the plugs though!

P.S. It didn't fix my problem though. The CODE unit had to be replaced (70ish). For the new one to work you WILL need the master key though! frown

See the hidden rear door handles on the new Civic: That's Honda leading the way in design...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

transponder , unit