155 q4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
marc evo1
155 q4

can anyone help? i currently have a integrale evo 1 (really REALLY good condition) but wish to sell it to buy a 155 Q4 to free up some cash

has anyone got any experience of the q4? can you get them rhd in the uk - seen plenty in germany all very cheap in comparison with my grale

is there a diference between the cloverleaf 4 and the q4 or are they the same?

any knowledge would be appreciated

marc (cheshire)
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

Welcome to AO!!
As far as I know, the Q4 was LHD only.

Steve Webb is a member here. You could send him a private message, or check out his site

Or this is a link from the UK Owners Club

Happy shopping!
AO Member

Member car:

Was under the impression that the 155Q4 used the same drivetrain and chassis as the 16Valve integrale only available in LHD. Probably better finding someone who knows for sure.

The Evo is the dream machine, had a shot and fell in love. I'd be working night and day to keep it. I think the Q4's a pretty rare and finding a good one might be difficult.
There were officially 20 Q4s sold in the UK, all of which were special orders - in other words they didn't keep them in stock.

All Q4s are lhd, and all 20 UK cars were the early 'narrow bodied' examples.

Cars were imported from Europe, so there are obviously more than 20 in the UK and there are even a handful of later wide bodied cars, 3 that I know of for sure.

I had a French import early car which had be modified to about 240bhp. It was awesome, but I couldn't really live with lhd. If you have an Integrale then this shouldn't be a problem.

In my experience, Q4s are more modern and better built than Integrales, but not a raw or exciting as an Integrale.

A good person to speak to is Barry Waterhouse at EvoCars (evocars.com) as he has vast experience of both Integrales and Alfa Q4s.

If you're looking for one in Europe a good source is mobile.de for cars located in Germany. This is the best place to find a later wide bodied car.

Hope this helps.
marc evo1
many thanks fellas

with your answers and a search of your 'rather special' forum (if only i had a lancia one as good!?) - got the answers i need i think - didnt realise q4s were that rare! - so the next question is who wants a grale evo 1!

lets face it the're too common compared to the alfa!

if anyone knows of one for sale (must be mint)give me a shout - or indea if anyone wants to buy a mint evo 1 email me

really keen on one now (the girlfriend will hate me....MORE - third LHD in a row!!)
Marc-register with alfa155.com, currently using the IP adress only

Loads of stuff about the Q4 there.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146