146 noize from dials-control panel - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Grand Tourismo 146
146 noize from dials-control panel

Hi everyone!
Lately I'm hearing noize from the plastic cover of the dials-I mean the transperant screen of the panel.When the road is rough the sound is more frequent.I also found out that the sound can be generated when I press my finger at the top of the contol panel.Is this common to you ,146 owners?Can this be fixed?
Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
i think ajcarter had this problem as well. could it be the ZERO button? to zero the mileometer?
AO Member
Hi, I think the noise could have come from the rectangular panel behind the right steering wheel "stick". If you chance to take it off, it conceals a mass of electrical wiring. Just line it back with sticky sealant (used for windscreen)which will dampen the buzzing sound.

To test and verify it comes from the panel, just press it with your right hand when you're driving.

Good luck.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 Turbo, 330CD

Yeah, the trip counter button was rattling, had to dismantle the dials to apply silicone lube.

But, there's still a rattle, and it is stopped by pressing the top of the dash where the dials meet it. I spent the whole of saturday trying to sort it, didn't achieve anything. So the bit that rattles if the foam dash! How do you solve that?? And it only rattles when the dials are in, but its not the dials!

GT-try taking the dials out (6 Torx screws), then they are dead easy to take apart, 2 screws and clips. wink

Websites are like ********s, everyone has one, and im wary of any bloke trying to direct people into their's

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

146 , dialscontrol , noize , panel