155 16" tyre recommendation - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
155 16" tyre recommendation

The time has come to replace the front tyres on my 155 2.0 16v with Sport Pack 16" black Speedlines. What do you guys recommend? My supplier has suggested trying Marangoni's. The price is good and they look meaty - has anyone gone down this route?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.0 16v SP3

Never tried them. Bear in mind they are a budget brand and may not give as good a drive or last as long as a better brand.

I have Bridgestone RE720's and they suit me fine and are wearing very well. Much better tyres than the Pirelli P7000's ever were.
I'm running 205/45/16 Dunlop SP3000's for 75 each fitted. Seem to be fairly grippy and a reasonable price. Last set of fronts lasted about 12k.

AO Platinum Member
P7000s do it for me. Grip brilliantly and last better than I expected.

Marangoni always get good reviews in Auto Italia magazine (maybe some back-scratching arrangement) but I have to say that even a "budget" Hankook A520 (?) is pretty reasonable.

You can only work your way through them all and decide for yourself!

Ralf S.
I used to buy P6000 then tried Uniroyal and continental the last two set have been cheapo budget costing 50 each fitted and I can honestly say I have not noticed any real difference and they are good for 20K on the front
AO Gold Member
Pirelli Drago I had em on my 155 and they are good, Michelin Pilot I had as well but I liked the Dragos
Hmmm, interesting, thanks chaps. It's going to take me quite some time to work my way through all of those brands. Think I'll give the Marangoni's a run for the money and will keep you posted on their performance.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

recommendation , tyre