recirculation valve and ventilation - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
recirculation valve and ventilation

I have a problem with the ventilation system in my 146. Even though the incoming air is very hot, the windows get misty after a short while, and I have to open the windows a little bit to prevent this. I have the feeling that the recirculation valve is stuck, i.e. no fresh air enters the cabin.

The recirculation valve is electronically opened/closed, but I cannot find a fuse or relais that controls this switch.

Is this a known problem to you? Can I access this valve easily to check whether it is closed or not? Where can I find the relais for the recirculation switch?

Perhaps there are drawings of the venting pipes schematics (to find out how to access the
valve) and/or electric wiring diagrams of this valve?

Do you have this information?

Best regards,
Sponsored Links
I've heard of this problem if the matrix or some piping has a leak, allowing moisture to enter the airstream...........hope I'm wrong

I think it's the recirculation valve because:

1) there's no air flow when the fan is turned of, even when driving 140 km/h on the highway
2) the temperature of the incoming air is not cold when I turn the thermostat to the coldest position, indicating recirculation of cabin air.
3) there is no difference in air flow 'noise' when turning on/off the recirculation switch.

Do these observations lead to a possible broken valve?

AO Gold Member
I have more or less the same problem and although I have had every imaginable fault in my car.... I can't figure out if the valve is working. When I press it you should hear something of clicking noise or some such and a deviation in engine revs (when idling) but that is not the case.
The problem is not too bad so I leave it till we get some better weather i.e. summer. I hate these
jobs under the dash ....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

recirculation , valve , ventilation