ssssstuttering wipers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
ssssstuttering wipers

it would appear i have nervous wipers, that work well on a continous sweep, but ask them for a solo effort, on intermittant, and they get all shy and forget the words at the top of the stroke, this is surely a personality trait, has any body got ideas as to how to solve it, or what causes it to happen.
Sponsored Links
Common problem on 155's, discussed to death here and on

Can be cured by fitting the 145/6 wipers available from the Alfaowner shop or by ripping out the wiper motor, cleaning the excess grease off, checking it over, regreasing and chucking it back in again.

Never done it myself but informed it works a treat..........will have to do it on the twinny soon 'cos they are doing exactly the same as yours eek!

AO Member
Had the same with my chunky style wiper arms.
Then the passenger side arm goes and semi snaps on me in the rain , and was flapping about all over the place.Had to stop and forceably bend/snap it completely off.
Any way as the original arms were about 30 each and not in stock , I opted to go for Volvo 460 wiper arms from a scrappy +new blades all is now A1 !!!! and they don't hit the paintwork.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

ssssstuttering , wipers