bump - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Whilst taking a relaxing drive back from youghall about 2 months ago after 3 weeks of owning my new 00 146 i got creamed by a truck going in the opposite direction........i mean i got a big fecker of a rock launched at my car, Thankfully for the 146's aerodynamics it hit my bonnet twice in quick succession and bounced over my roof...I was doing about 65mph. The dent's have an area of about .75 cm and 1 cm although most people would n't notice i do, i've covered the dent with a good afla red paint but how much would it cost to get it fixed???? And while im at it how much to get the bonnet resprayed for stone chips??
Ye got any car paint stories?????
Sponsored Links
that is<> a)getting the bonnet panel beaten and b)getting the chips resprayed
AO Member
hi deegs
bought a 145 in dublin 3 weeks ago. has heavy key scratches and a dent from the bonnet arm. previous owner gave me quote from victor motors, goatstown, dublin. was IR£300+vat to repair and respray. where you from? cause i know a cheap guy in limerick. otherwise grandons in cork should be similar price to victors.
Sorry to hear about your mishap. I don't know whether Chips Away or a similar company works out by your way, but the touch up job should be less than £50.

I had my bonnet resprayed a couple of years ago for the same reason, at the dealer's bodyshop, they told me that the wings would have to be done at the same time, cost me about £400.

Had to go back 3 times to be finished properly. I'd go to a strongly recommended bodyshop and not skimp on the price. Red will be an awkward colour to match.. good luck
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

75 LE

Call John at dialadent 086 8189398

Tell him I sent you,
he does paintless dent repair & spray's chip's & scratches all on site, Quality job too.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146