Hi everyone...Have just bought a '99 146 2.0 Ti...all runs as you would expect, heavy on fuel, lumpy on ride, big on smiles.
Have a few questions for anyone who might be able to help.
1. Only for the briefest moment a red light came on the dashboard shaped like a fuel injector (downward left stick with a spray out of the end) Common problem? need to clean injectors or redex thru fuel system...your thoughts.
2. Driver seat has snapped on left hand side low( ie bolt or something has sheared) any advice...problems with airbag I've read on here?
3. Car has done 115,000, no service history or owners manual...so cambelt advice would be useful. (can a basic owners manual be downloaded).
4. Bonnet badge looks tired...anyone know how much and where to get at a reasonable price (based in South wales here.)
5. Car is a bit bangy underneath. Guy who sold the car said something about new engine mounts...do they harden up or something like that? Is it an expensive job.
6. I know it's going to be low, but assuming the car is driven moderately easily (it is an alfa after all) what is a reasonable expectation of fuel consumption.
7. minor stuff and last question. Anyone know where (apart from main dealer) a rear parcel shelf can be obtained from?
Many thanks in advance for your answers to all these questions. Sorry there is so many but I thought I'd get them all out of the way in one go !!