Steamy Windows - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Steamy Windows

Hi all
Hello all

No, this is not a post about an old Tina Turner tune, my windows do steam up when it is raining and I have the heater on. The carpet on the driver's side gets damp. Anybody got an answer or had this problem? The windscreen is the origional and so shouldn't be leaking. The only thing I can come up with is maybe the heater intake drain is blocked. Possible?

Thanks folks
Sponsored Links
AO Member

My 146 steams up quickly, but I put that down to the fact that the car's well sealed and it's case of warm damp breath on the inside and a colder windscreen due to the rain . The heater soon clears it though and I haven't noticed any dampness (yet).

However I did have a well as being a pretty awful car (I was fond of him though) it had terrible trouble with blockages. Once, during a heavy downpour, I got water in the heater and real steam was coming out ... couldn't see a bloody thing. Needless to say, I had to pull over immediately and lost loads of other electrics. Soon dried out, but the heater never worked again. Definately worth checking out if you want to keep your heater ....
Oliver, does your car have a sunroof? If so the drain channels may be leaking.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

steamy , windows