Twin Spark Woe - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Twin Spark Woe

I have discovered that the Cam Cover on my 145 Cloverleaf is cracked around the top right fixing bolt. The thing is that I have just had the cam belts replaced. Does the cam cover have to come off to replace the drive belts, or is my garage just going to say "it wasn't us". Any advice would be much appreciated. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Yes it has to come off to time up the cams exactly, using the special cam profile tools.
If you have problems I have one you can have.
Thanks for your reply and your offer. The first thing I have to do is to visit the service manager at the alfa garage that did the belt change. I will let you what passes between us!
Thanks again. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Saw the service manager and told him that as the cam cover has to come off to change the belts that the crack must have occurred then. He wasn't sure if the cover had to come off but he went and checked the job sheet. Came back and accepted responsibility. They are going to replace the cover. He says that his chief mechanic has seen this happen before. Thanks for your advice and help. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
AO Silver Member
well done woody!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

spark , twin , woe