suspension and air filter - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 11-12-01 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 veloce

suspension and air filter

hey everyone i am lookin to lower my 155 but i am finding it hard to find a good deal im tryin to keep the price to about 200, so does anyone know a good place to buy springs?i only have 15" alloys on at the mo but i may well buy some 17"s in the near future so im only lookin to lower it by about 30mm, and also what is the best induction kit to buy for a 1.8 TS (1994) and what are the prices, cheers people!
Sponsored Links
Founder of AO
County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

If you dont manage to sort something out by end of January, take a peek in our shop, it will be at Its not available at the moment, but it will be on the 28th of Jan.

Good Luck
I just got some Spax srings 4 my 145 & they lower it 40mm they were only 75 as well!! But eibach (35mm) do a spring kit 4 slightly more as well as Avo... i assume ur not looking 2 change the shocks as well 4 200 ???
I personally think H&R are the best spring's, sorry hicks but they're much better than spax but then they are nearly twice the price at about 150, but they don't wreck the ride quality if this is too much then the Eibach's are a very good set both lower about 30-35mm.
As for the air filter BMC do an excellent one for the 155 and i think AO sell's them too, if not try ITG it's what I've got on mine and in my mind they're the best bar Ram-air.

Hope this helps [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Well I finished fitting the springs this afternoon & then took it out 4 a spin and yes the ride is hard... well alot harder but its more settled in corners and i seem to be getting better traction and grip... I will have to wait until I can get to a track & do some proper testing to see the real difference tho.
Well I had never heard of H&R & these Spax seem pretty good neway not that I can compare them to anything other than the old springs which rolled alot more than these.

The car is used for sprinting & hill climbing tho so I don't mind the hard ride. I just can't wait 4 next season now.....
Just looked at the H&R web site and according to their search they don't do any springs for a 145... or any Alfa for that matter...

I think someone needs to have a look at their programming behind their search :0

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

air , filter , suspension