3 LITRE V6 INTO 1.8 TS 155 ?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 15-05-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
3 LITRE V6 INTO 1.8 TS 155 ??

If the 155 has a 2.5 v6 then surely the 3 litre would fit, something i`ve been thinking about for the future for my 1.8
sounds crazy, but what a conversion !!

does anybody know if it can be done ?
Sponsored Links
Hi Gaz

Pretty sure I've come across one at National Alfa Day's, its a 155 with full touring car livery.

Afraid I cant give you any more details than this except to say that you will have to fit the later, larger brakes and uprated shocks. Dunno about anything else, gearbox probably.

If a guy on here can put a V6 inside a 145 anything is possible if you chuck enough money at it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Wrinx - is the fully - liveried one in red & around Derby ?

I see one often & wonder what's lurking under the bonnet. Never managed to 'hear' it & always assumed it was a 4pot with attitude.

The 2.5v6 is a short stroke 3 litre from the 164, so the theory goes that it should fit without tooooo much trouble.

I know of three, two in the Notts area and one in Rotherham, all red. Seen two more at National Alfa days.

The one in Rotherham is a wide body 16v but the other two are narrow V6's and I think at least one of them has had a 3.0 conversion. They both left me for dead (in the 1.8) in a big way going up slack hill one day a couple of years ago [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Must have had more than 2.5.

Unfortunately havent seen the guys for a while so cant ask them.

AO Member
County: Greater London
You wont get the 3.0 from a 164 in unfortunatley, cos the water pump/thermostat location will foul the chassis.
Dont fret a 3.0 24V from a Gtv will fit much easier, but it will cost you. Guess how much you think it will cost and then double it!!
155 V6 brakes aint gonna stop you either!!
Good luck its worth doing it!
3 litre 12 valve definetly will go in but 24v is a prob apparently,

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

155 , litre