Where do I find ????????????????? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Where do I find ?????????????????

First off, I called my local Alfa dealer and they only charged me £23 to give me all the codes. Even the radio code ! Well done Vosperís Exeter !

Now I feel a bit more confident playing with some new toys. OBD2 and the like. Just one problem.

Where do I find out what ECU I have, what Airbag controller I have and where do I connect to it etc.

I think I have fond one of the ECU connectors on top of the NSF strut ! (3 pin block).

Dose any one know where I can find a diagram of where all these items/connectors can be found ? and a parts list ?

Iíve looked at WWW.Alfa146.NET
But thatís not a full manual and bit vague.

I have an Alfa 146 (1.6 TS Ė facelift) June 1999.

PS, Iíve also ordered a USB ODB 2 connector/adapter and a 3 pin adapter and Iím also looking at getting a copy of the AlfaDiag software Please Redirect to www.alfadiag.net
Iím told that this will sort out the airbag faults seen when you disconnect the battery or it goes flat ! Plus it does other cool stuff.

I also have Geniscan GS400 (OBD2/EOBD) but it may be a bit new for my Alfa.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Devon

Member car:

159 1.9jtdm

Re: Where do I find ?????????????????

Have a word with Roy from Auto Italiana in exeter, he will offer advice. I know when he plugs mine in it goes to a plug ontop of the offside strut not the nearside, the one on the near side of mine is already plugged into the abs sensor. But then mine could be different as its a 2.0ts. Roys number is 01392 361314
County: Wiltshire

You have the Motronic 1.5.5 ECU and the plug is on top of the OFFSIDE shock strut, the airbag ecu plug is behind the panel to the right of the passengers airbag and the red wire on the OBD2 adapter goes directly to the battery +
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 15-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

I’ve had a chance to play with Alfadiag and wow, it’s great !

It’s connected to my airbag and engine ECU’s and I’ve been able to clear all the errors. (which I caused by removing and charging the battery).

I guess it cost me £25 for the cables (inc p&p) and approx £40 for the software. So I’m very pleased with the results so far and anything else that pops up is now a bonus.

Thanks for all the advice so far.

Just two more questions. Is the connector on the NSF strut mount the ABS brakes connector, and does Alfadiag connect to it ?

Thanks again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146