Electrics - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Hi Guys'n'Galls

Is there an auto-electrician in the house????

I have a strange problem with my 155 V6.

The other day I went in the boot, after closing it, the check panel and dashboard warning lights showed the fog lights were on and the rear number plate lights have blown.

Opened and shut the boot and they went off.

Same happened yesterday but this time they havent gone off!!!

Now for the really wierd bit........i've checked the wiring in the boot, seems ok, without going in too deep!! Removed the fuse and relay for the rear fogs, they still lit up (lamps and warning panel)!!!!!!!! Replaced the rear plate lamps and they still dont work. I've checked a few of the fuses and they seem to be doing what they are supposed to do so no wrongly wired loom here.

Can anyone help........PLEASE [img]smilies/cwm14.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cwm14.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Another question...is there an earthing point in the boot anywhere? Cant see one

wrinx [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
AO Member
I have a similar problem on my 164 but with the reverse lights. The earth on mine is under the rear bumper, might be worth a look.
I found the earths, one each side under the boot carpet, both spotless [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] NOW where???

My feeling now is......I give in, time to book it in!

Member car:

155 V6

Don't know if this would help you or not but i had a problem with my boot release. Finally discovered some broken wires in the rubber between the boot and body. Just shake the wires and see if your lights on the check panel are going nuts. Just a thought hope it works.
GOOD LUCK [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
1 point to Tricky! Checked the rubber boot yesterday but didnt look far enough. The earth wire was completely broken, roughly in the middle.

Still got a problem with the fog light but its the switch at fault.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146