Clutch master cylinder - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Clutch master cylinder

If you've read my other post saying my 145 is a pleasure to drive, it was a lie.

I've replaced the clutch slave cylinder (and it was a simple job that didn't take more than an hour or so) but the pedal is still notchy. The notch is right by the bite too, making pulling away difficult to do smoothly.

Anyway, where is the clutch master cylinder? Is it that cast thing the clutch pedal pushes into, inside the car? Is it a difficult job to change that? Or is there something else, linkage or something, that might be making the clutch notchy?

Sponsored Links
Hi there, you comments on the notchy clutch are interesting, I feel the clutch on my 155 feels notchy. The clutch is less than 10000 miles old, so I don't think it's related to release mechanism or splines etc. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this ?????

Founder of AO
County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

I would go with air in the system! bleed it again, try and put some ptfe tape on the bleed nipple thread as i found that they draw air in whilst you are bleeding the system.

It works for me!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

clutch , cylinder , master