Squeaky 145 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Richard 145
Squeaky 145

Hello all

I have got an annoying (more than usual) squeak on my 145 QV. It seems to be coming from the rear and only happens when I turn sharpish left or right. I have checked both rear hubs and can't see anything like the rear calipers binding or anything and the car stops/goes etc just as well as it always has. Being a bit new to this is this just another fabled Alfa rattle/squeak [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Or has anyone any ideas...

Sponsored Links
You're saying the sound is coming form the outside? If so, I don't know what could make a squeek, i thought most things went knock, bump or scrape when outside, I'll leave that up to the others for suggestions.

Don't forget the spare tyre will squeek quite happily if it can get to the body work. On my 145 the annoying squeek from the back turned out to be the catch on the boot being loose.

Maybe you should get someone to drive or sit in the back while you drive and try to locate the source. Or, take everything out of the boot and tighten any screw/bolt you can see.

Good luck, I know how absolutely annoying squeeks can be!

Richard 145
Thats an idea, it is definetly a squeak and from what I can hear it sounds outside ish but I will track don eanythin that moves in the boot!

Looking at your web address are you the same Andy that was/is ?? on the minilist? If so hello, used to be on there a while back with my cooper, was known as Jack, and my 1275 GT. Is Scott still rebuilding his engine??

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

145 , squeaky