Squadra Chip - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-01-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
Squadra Chip

Just for info, Recieved a Squadra chip last week for my 145 Cloverleaf. It was fitted yesterday (thanks to much braver brother, mind you youre always braver when its not your car!) and the result is seems to be TOP!

Not a huge diffeance to notice at first, but it appears to of made the car so much more driveable now. The torque seems to give the real advantage as it now pulls really stong in high gears.

Basically roll on performance feels much stronger!

As for fitting, well its not the easiest job in world as the carpet had to come up and the seat out (if you want to make life easier that is), and my only suggestion to squadra would be to supply a chip removal device as getting the origianal out with the kitchen knife is not for the faint hearted!

Anyway all I can say is if youre thinking of getting one do it! Its well worth it! And no problems at all once fitted. The ECU light went straight out and she purred away on tick over instantly.

Not slow before hand, but you should of seen the Boy racer with all his mates in his Fiesta shod with the entire plastic content of Max Power on the way home when he tried to flash me out of the way whilst I was testing roll on power! Bye bye Mr Fiesta, go buy a proper car! (oh, and a chip).

The joys of Alfa Romeo ownernship... A question of when not if!
Sponsored Links
Ian Stewart
Hello umm Mr Spooky?
Glad to hear that you approve of the Squadra Chip. I can't wait until Stephan makes one for my 164 3.0 so i can let the good times roll. Those nasty people with Fiesta's that they seem to think can drive fast. I nearly side swiped one one yesterday that just pulled out in front of me on a roundabout. I was going to let it go but seeing the ******s in the back just told me to point at them and then floor the throttle. Only just missed them. People forget that i have a scrap yard, if i crash my car into there pile of **** i just go and get the bits off another car. Now i know why i got into this trade.

(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 30-01-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
Not just the only one plagued by these idiots then!

Thanks again, It does have appeared to of made a differance. Mainly roll on performance especially in higher gears.

Forget the spooky bit, its a long story.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

chip , squadra