Alfa Romeo Forum banner

GTV front calipers onto my 155

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  jason77 
#1 ·
Hello all!

A query... Is it possible to fit the front GTV brake calipers and disks onto my '97 2.0 16v TS 155?

Is it just a straight replacement, or a bracket change too or not possible... i'v just spied a minted front set in the local scrappies. (arse end broken on the GTV)

i think i may just get them anyways and give it a go.

J

See less See more
#2 ·
oh yeah, they are way bigger than my ones... loverly huge things (look like 4 pots)... look like brembo units with the copper pipes running top to bottom type thing... painted bright red with alfa romeo on them (as standard i think)
ruddy huge stoppers.

mwahahaha

J

#3 ·
Yes they will fit. My mate Ben had a 155 with GTV caliper's once he'd thrown some nice disc's & pads at them, you where in danger of having yours eye's popped out under braking....this was on track mind!

#4 ·
That's what i wanted to hear!!!

i'm gonna get them on saturday

Is it just a straight swap? no problems with the wheels being too small? (i'm running the 15"s atthe moment.

J

#6 ·
now what a good idea

J

edited bit >

i've just spoken to the scrappies... he's wanting £110 for the pair... is it a good deal... how much are they new?

#9 ·
hellllllllooooooo mak and all...

been a long time man... too long.

i think i'm gonna leave it 'till after christmas... maybe feb... they say they get quite a lot of gtv's in (crap drivers????)
i have very aggrassive brakes already - nice wan!!! - but you can never get enough!

then it's be a fight... squadra or brakes... *sigh*

we'll see...

J

#11 ·
well...

the ones around here (fife, scotland) seem to rather guff.

Saying that though it might just be the female partners taking their hubby's car fer a spin.

I AM ONLY JOKING! PLEASE DO NOT SEND HATE MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS.

'These are only the truest views proved/backed by multiple surveys and does not represent the views of the company.'

I can honestly say that the main scrappys around here have more gtv's that 156's sitting on site - a few tvr's too.... seems suspicous to me :O)

J

#13 ·
I stand corrected...

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.