noobs first few questions!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 27-03-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

noobs first few questions!!

Hi all,
Sorry to say, I've never owned an alfa before this and I dont know much about cars to start with.
Any help or suggestions with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

1) The airbag light is on constantly on the dash. I know from reading these forums that its a common fault when moving the seats, but there are 2 wires under the passenger seat. One is connected and the other isnt. I cant see where to plug this other wire back in. Any ideas?

2) Wipers: Back wipers dont work at all and my front wipers only work on fastest. Any idea what would be causing this? Could it be as simple as the fuse of is it more likely to be a motor issue? Both front and back windscreen washers work fine.

I love the car but would be alot happier if I didnt have to worry about these things.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Aberdeenshire
Re: noobs first few questions!!

regarding your front wipers, click on the "the continuing sage" link in my sig. I think part 2 deals with dodgy fron window wipers, with pictures.
AO Silver Member

Even when you have sorted out the airbag plug, you will need to get the light reset; either lots of money from an Alfa dealer, or significantly cheaper from an independent auto electrician
County: Wiltshire

The airbagwire under the seats is in a yellow conduit, the black wire will most likely be for a heated seat, It may be that the seats are not standard so that is why you cant find the other end, it's just not there. You'll need to see the indy or stealer for a reset as said.

The front wiper motor needs replacing,the resistor pack has gone on it but they are sealed units, 30 mins to do.

The rear motor may have burned out, fuse blown, faulty relay, dodgy switch, a broken wire, a loose plug, any of those can cause it, most likely the motor though as theu are a common fault if left running on a dry window.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

noobs , questions