Lost master Key - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-03-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

146 ti (soon)

Lost master Key

First Post on this Forum so firstly let me say Hello to every one first
Right down to the reason for this post
I have just acquired 146 ti for not a lot of money itís been parked on my friends drive for 18 months because the starter motor had gone. He gave me a second hand starter with the car that works fine now the problem is the car turns over but not fire I have the two lights on the dash board that points towards the immobiliser I only got 1 key with the car (not the master) having looked in all the history folder that was scrawled all over the boot floor I have come across a fax from ISR and on there is a 5 digit code next to the word immobiliser is this the code for the key also if it is how do and were do I get it programmed (Nottingham area) thanks for your time
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Re: Lost master Key

Before you start spending money there's a few things you can check.

Behind the dash panel to the right of the steering wheel there's a yellow code box. Try plugging this out for a few minutes then reconnect and try again.
There are some relays and a fuse in the engine bay that control the code system too I think. Try a forum search for key code, lots of info there.
County: Wiltshire

The relays and fuses sit right in front of the battery, check and clean the terminals.

That could possibly be the code, and if you read through the manual, there is a way to input the code using the brake pedal
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

The code you have sounds like the emergency start code, nothing to do with the key/s numbers.
No records are kept anywhere of the immobiliser key codes, except in the ecu and yellow codebox.
As said earlier a thorough clean in the relay area is probably whats required to get you going.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

key , lost , master