servicing my 146 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 06-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 146

Hmmm servicing my 146

hi all
i recently posted an ad about changing my air filter to a k&n panel filter, many thanks for the replies. i am now thinking of a carrying out a complete service, spark plugs, oil filter and oil change. can any one tell of any pit falls or any experiences you may have had that i need to consider.
Sponsored Links
Re: servicing my 146

Be careful when you will her up with oil as if you miss the filler neck, oil can run down the inside of the the outer rocker cover (if you follow my drift?) and get to the coil packs. Plugs are pricey, about £60+ for all eight but nothing especially to worry about for a routine service.

NB - Quik Fit only charge £25 for an oil and filter change and I think just to buy a 8l of semi synth is about that. Just something to think about....
County: Wiltshire

The only problemwithdoing a full service on the 146 TS is the cost, the plugs alone will cost you ~£70, the oil and filter ~£20, brake fluid DOT4 ~£8 and if your going all the way on the cost stuff antifreeze ~£5, altogether over £100, but DIY is better for you here as you will save that again as whenever a garage sees an Anonima Lombardo Fabbrica Automobili they start rubbing their hands.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 15-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 146

thanks for the advice guys. i have had my beloved alfa for 8 years and looking back i think i have been ripped of at a fair few garages. still havent found one in nottingham that i trust. if anyone knows of a decent garage in notts please let me know.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

146 , servicing