145 - A few questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 25-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

145 1.6TS Junior

145 - A few questions

I have a few things that I need to do & need a bit of advice:

The steering alignment was done recently & the car came back with the steering wheel skew. Taking the steering wheel off I know is straight forward - my query here relates to how one does this without upsetting the air bag and what does one need to do so that you don't set it off or land up with an airbag fault light etc?

The second query is - can anyone tell me where the temperature sender is that feeds into the ECU, is this the same as the one that measures engine temperature?

Third query - is the throttle body on a 145 1.6TS (plastic top) the same as a larger engined 145s or 156s etc and how much would one expect to pay for it from a scrappy?

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
Re: 145 - A few questions

I can certainly help you with the first 2 questions. If you disconnect the battery before removing the airbag, this should prevent the warning light illuminating.

The temp sender fot the ECU is screwed into the thermostat housing. The one for the Temp gauge is screwed into the cylinder head.

I would also think the throttle body is different to those on the larger engined 156's and 147's. It may be the same as the 1.6 versions but I haven't got EPR to check.

AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands

the parts disc says all the throttle bodies up to 1998 1.6. 1.8. 2.0 are interchangeable, even between models eg GTV, 155 etc, however there was a changeover point at 1998.

Around 1998/99 the throttle body had the ECU mounted on top and other changes for CF3 or similar emission regs, again you can put a body from 1.6, on as long as its from the same type.

Hope that makes sense.
AO Member
County: -

If your steering wheel was straight before the tracking was done then bring it back and get them to fix what they've done wrong. There is no reason why you should have to take off the steering wheel to center it, if the steering had been centered properly while the tracking was done then it would be correct afterwards.

Maybe cut your losses and bring the car to someone else to align it.......
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

Gtv 2.0 ts

I would take the car back to whoever tracked it as the steering wheel should be clamped into the straight ahead position, also if the tyres were not changed the steering could be following how the tyres had worn, try moving front to rear to see the steering wheel is in the correct position.
Also where was it done ?
AO Silver Member

I'll be that the guys who did the tracking were lazy, and did all the adjustment on one side only to save hassle, rather than evening it out side to side

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

145 , questions