Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Radio Repairs

Tags
repairs
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bradpit999 
#1 ·
Anybody know if it is possible to repair the screen on a GTV radio. On the missus GTV the radio screen is "blackened" I was hopping it might improve with use, but sadly it hasn't. Having consulted with the boss, she would prefer to keep the car original, so I cna't just slap another radio in it. Which gives me the option of replace the radio with an original one, or repair the screen on this one. As I'm talking to someone with a Spider with the same fault, I wondered is it possible to have the screens repairs anywhere, or even repair them outselves, I'm no stranger to a soldering iron if the parts can be obtained?

#3 ·
i think there is a film over LCD screen inside radio...................... its pressed to a circuit board or something and its the firmness its pressed to that, that makes the readout display, if your lucky it has just come away slightly and needs to be be pressed back onto the board,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.