Alfa Romeo Forum banner

leather seats

Tags
leather seats
1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Alfiejts 
#1 ·
i have noticed that the leather seats with the side airbags on newer 156. the rear seats have a middle headrest, will these seats fit if you have the older style (non airbags) in youre car??????

#8 · (Edited)
I put a 2001 Silly Speed interior into my 98. Its a simple change.
I dont know the years of the two cars, but here are a few heads ups.

Before you do it go to the dealers and get some of those yellow clips that hold the panels to the doors, you are sure to graunch a few.
When transposing keep your speakers, as Alfa changed the connectors from the yellow ones to the black ones at one point.
Same with the airbags, so if you have a passenger airbag, you will need to take the sensor out the old seat and have it transplanted into the leather seats. That cost me 20 Quid. Alfa removed the sensor at a later stage, so it may not exist in the leather seats.
without this the light will come on and the sytem will be disabled.

Your side bags obviously dont work, but as you mentioned, you arent phased about that, so just tuck the cables away.

#10 ·
The third head rest is fitted into the rear seat itself I think whereas the outer two are fitted into the rear shelf, so there shouldn't be any problem swapping the later seats into an earlier car....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.