Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
god
2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  nomad 
#1 ·
Well I've had the GT a week now and it is absolutely fabulous.Got it remapped yesterday by the guys at Angeltuning (Scotland) and holy f*** it goes like the clappers.Even when cruising at 70 ish it feels like it just wants to take off and the pulling power in higher gears puts the old 156 to shame but the initial feeling when putting your foot down is incredible.It even sounds good!!

#6 ·
How much BHP is yours now putting out?

#7 ·
good to hear you're loving it.

:)

#9 ·
Interesting ALRN. I'm considering a remapped GT jtd as a replacement for my 156 2.4 20V JTDm.

What 156 did you have and how old was it? Also, how do you find the change from the 156 to the firmer GT? After a test drive this morning I loved the GT drive, but thought it was much noisier (road, wind and engine noise). Any valid thoughts and comments would be appreciated (and apologies for hijacking this thread!)

#11 ·
I bought a GT JTD about a year go to replace my 156 1.8ts veloce and yes the ride is firmer but i think the gt has more bodyroll than the 156 veloce. Had the 156 remapped by angeltuning and it took my sometime to get used to the 4500 limiter on the GT while the 156 was happily revving to 7500 rpm. Having said that it easy to forget the 4500 rpm limitation has the GT keeps pulling, it happened to me on a B-road, not watching the rev counter and ovetaking another car when a white van coming in front ..... rev limiter kicked in and power dropped.... I then realised I had to change gear !!!

I guess this doesn't apply to you as you're driving a diesel already.

But if you 156 is a veloce version, you might find the GT cornering a bit soft.

#10 ·
Had a 51 plate 1.6 Veloce and loved it until the cam belt failed spectacularly.Regarding wind noise,firm ride etc the 156 was noisier(road noise) but less bumpy although at slow speed the 156 was a bit of a 'mare.There is a bit of wind noise in the GT but that's the price you pay for frameless windows.Agreed the GT is quite firm but it's a sports car so its supposed to be.
The remap makes this car feel like it looks.I'm biased but go for it mate !!

#12 ·
Hey all. I've had my GT JTD for about a week now. I used to have a 156 (03 plate) 2.4 JTD Veloce mapped by Angel. They are coming to do my GT on Wednesday. Even without the remap, I can say the GT wins hands down on ride quality and handling, its softer but much better controlled than my 156, it corners flat by comparison. In fact, the GT wins hands down in every department, except the dash area. I think the late model 156 was far more attractive. Build quality on the GT however makes the 156 look like a Friday afternoon job. The GT is well worth it! Great car, get one!

#18 ·
Question for ALRN and rest who have remmaped theirs 1.9JTD

Can someone tell me what`s the acceleration (roughly) 0-60 AFTER remmaping is it near the 8sec, is it less !? Also what about mid acc 80-120? As I understand you cant squezze any more power from that diesel engine after remmaping thats the limit 190hp right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.