Alfa Romeo Forum banner

HELP! What type of diff bearing for my Bella?

Tags
bearing diff
791 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  sopranofan 
#1 ·
Am told that my bella has a worn diff bearing which needs to be replaced.

She's a 156 V6 and has the Q System Aisin box.

Would really appreciate help with this one, thanks

Richard

#5 ·
is that really what you want to know?
Thanks for that point :), subsequent dismantling showed that there was 0.3 mm wear in the diff (am not a mechanic, but have a local 'ace' Alfisto who's doing the repair). New diff to come from Aisin parts supplier in Suffolk.

Really glad for the support I'm getting from our Alfa community down here in N Devon, which is not a 'desert' for Alfa owners after all....also from others on here.

#6 ·
HaHa, more developments here. Lucky enough to have Bob Dove of Bob Dove Racing as a pal, locally. Full engineering inspection shows no wear of diff and driveshaft components. Plus, Bob's 166 has the same movement from the diff. Mystery.

Now still trying to figure what's causing the bearing wear type noise during driving.......bearings and tracking ok. Is it caused by buckled wheel. Slightly binding warmed brakes, what?

#8 ·
Thanks, but no. Best way to describe is that it sounds the muted thud thud road noise associated with brake bind and wheel bearing wear. Please continue though if I'm missing your point. Prior to the diff thing, uneven tyre wear was offered as an opinion for the noise. V frustrating

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.