Alfa Romeo Forum banner

155 exhaust

Tags
exhaust
3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  BIGNICKLISH 
G
#1 ·
Hi

Can anyone recommend a supplier for an exhaust for my 155 ('97 2.0 16v ts).

I've been quoted £260 by Kwik-Fit (which includes vat & fitting) for the exhaust from the CAT backwards.

Is this steep or about right?

Thanks!!

#3 ·
ChrisS said:
Try http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/.... list one for yours at about £150 + VAT for cat-back. I got one for the V6 from them recently..it's probably the same part you'll get from Kwik Fit (TIMax).

HTH
I got one from them recently too. Only thing to be aware of with them is the although you pay the price they quote, they added a few more quid for transport as it's classed as a large item. Strangely girlfriends 146 exhaust from them didn't get this extra. I think mine came to about £160 for a 2 litre.

G
#4 ·
I'd avoid Kwik-Fit unless desperate.
Pulled from a similar thread on another forum, although for a V6 155:

Speedy - "Get down to the motor factor`s and try and purchase a Walker exhaust it comes in one piece"

Treborblack - "Only one exhaust is fit for the job Descam. a brand of Magneti Marelli.

Will be slightly dearer than walker/timax/bosal but will fit right and last longer than two years and one day."

G
#5 ·
Hi

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. The best quote I could get for the parts inc VAT & delivery to me was around £180.

I got it done by Merit Tyre in the end who quoted me £200 all incl fitting. Unfortunately (for them, that is) they had misquoted me on the phone, and the price should have been a lot higher, but to their credit they stood by their original quote.

So, not a bad price to avoid having to crawl under the car myself and try to remove a rusty exhaust.

#7 ·
Gazzella Racing Limited,
Riverside View, Thornes Lane,
Wakefield WF1 5QW, West Yorkshire, UK
Telephone +44 (0) 1138 150 185 Telefax +44 (0) 8701 305 212
i've been lookin for ages to get a back boxfor my 155, and these baiz seem to offer performance parts for about, if slightly above the price, of replacement parts. worth a wee jeff duke!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.