Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Remote Key Fob

Tags
fob remote
2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  jovicami 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 147 Lusso JTD, it only has 1 key fob. Unfortunately, the fob doesnt open the doors or boot but the flip key does open the door and allow me to drive the car. There is a signal being emitted from the fob (a friend has a RF sensor gadget) but it is not being recognised by the car. Will this be a problem with the fob or the car itself (ie. ECU or sensor)?
Is it a dealer visit or are there any other checks I can perform to narrow the problem down?

Thanks

#7 ·
Sounds like the key may be at fault. The aerial for the remote key is behind the fuse box lid. Its just a cable with a grey connector. Check its there. They do not have an ecu its built into the body computer. I would try a battery first. If the light doesn't light up it sounds like the key is faulty. It may also just need coding in again

#11 ·
That cable towards the top with the grey connector, that is the aerial for the remote key. To recode the key it has to be done at an alfa dealer with the correct diagnostic tool. Will also need the immobiliser code too. But it does sound like the key is at fault. Does the central locking work with the key in the door???

#14 ·
I have 2 original keys. Both are not working. Both lights up when pressed some button but don't work. I had read something about re-coding with MultiECUScan but I need code card and I don't have it :S. Can you give me some advice how to find out the code so I can re-code the keys?

#16 ·
Thanks again Adam147. I have one more question for you :) In the topic that I wrote none has an answer. My dashboard odometer shows "------". A local service told me that the odometer in the ECU shows 1 047 000 KM. I suspect that the men from who I bought the car tried to make the odometer start again from 000000 after reaching one million KM but now he got an odometer that is not showing any number, only "------". Do you have any idea how can I write some number on the dashboard so I can have records for passed kilometers. Otherwise I should use trip meter :)

Thanks again

#17 ·
Yes, basically the odometer reading is stored in the body control module and not in the actual instrument cluster. This makes it impossible to fraudulently change the reading. When a new instrument pack is fitted or swapped from another car the alfa diagnostic computer gives you some readings from the origional instrument pack that you have to re-enter when another one is fitted. I would say that the odometer reading has either been tampered with or when the km get to 1 million it has to be reset to zero with the correct diagnostic tool. You will probably have to replace the instrument pack with a brand new one at an alfa dealer who can read and input the data from the old one. Hope that makes sense

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.