Alfa Romeo Forum banner

fao brera owners

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  alfaredthegreat 
#1 ·
right heres a question for you:

since i picked up my brera on friday 20th october i have had endless stares from various makes of cars including an aston martin db9 whilst in cheshire yesterday!!..he could'nt keep his eyes off her..great feeling

so the question is : which type/s of car have you seen admiring your brera :cool:

#4 ·
BMW drivers take a sly look then pretend not to, most other drivers do a double-take, the young ones especially. Mind you, I got my Brera keyed in Southport, so not everyone is so enamoured! I get stopped in the hospital car park a lot by people asking me about it.

#6 · (Edited)
alfaman155 said:
i was in southport hospital last week visiting at ward 14b and saw your brera..very nice!!..and craig at mangoletsi mentioned selling it to you..your 4th from mango's he said?..is he sorting your paintwork out then?

He collected mine this morning and mentioned that you bought one, I told him I knew about your purchase from the Alfa Forum. The paintwork was already sorted by chips away; Craig is taking it to sort out a few niggles, just that the bluetooth phone has stopped ringing when I get an incoming call, and to replace the interior driver door aluminium trim, I kept bashing it by mistake with the seatbelt (watch it, take the belt off slowly) so it has to be changed, whether on warranty or not, it looks awful. Also, the drivers window does not always go up all the way, I know it drops like in all coupes but it doesnt always go all the way back up, and the mats need screwing in properly, I thought they could do that too! And he has, at last, a bluetooth manual for me. Otherwise, no problems with the car, very happy with it, will make sure you get a wave if I see you around!

PS, You may know from the rant room thread that my husband was on 14B too, for 7 weeks, just got out at last, my car was always in the car park, as I work there too, felt I could never get away and yes, I have bought a few cars from Craig in the past, this is my 3rd one, and I would not hesitate to buy the next one from him too. I may have passed you at visiting time, which room was yr relative in if you don't mind me asking, Lee was in room 4.

#7 ·
yes craig at mangos is a great bloke..very professional and thorough..no probs with mine just yet..but i'll keep an eye out for those you mentioned..thank you!!..i did'nt know craig collects cars from such a distance away..i'll remember that!!

he was in room 9 i think,the one on its own at the end..

i'm coming in to southport tonight so i may see you whizzing by!! :D

#9 ·
Can't wait to collect my Alfa Red Brera this weekend...:D To be seen on a Surrey lane soon...

BTW if anyone on here owns the black Brera that was parked on Staines Road in Twickenham this morning, I saw it and it looked great in the early morning murk... Only the second one I've seen on the road since it was launched.

#10 ·
I'd never seen a Brera in the flesh until I picked up my 156 from Mangoletsi last week and there where 4 on the forecourt. Simply stunning, photos just do not do 'em justice. Craig sold me my car aswell, he and all at Mangoletsi seem like top guys.

#11 ·
Had a good stare from the driver and passenger of a new TT the other day on the M25.

To be honest the new TT looks great from front and back (looked like it had a Porsche-style pop-up aerofoil at the back), if a bit uninspired side-on, but if it sells as many as the old one they'll soon be common as muck...

#12 ·
Too many looks from too many people to remember. It can make you feel self-conscious and even a little uncomfortable, to be honest. I am not a flash-Harry, I just chose the car cos _I_ love it.

The first comment I got was from a motor-cyclist. He pulled up at the lights next to me to ask me what it was like. I think he could tell by the grin on my face I was enjoying it. This was on the day I got the car.

One of my neighbours is a Alfa nut - actually, his wife is more keen. They've both asked about it. Then there's a woman who lives opposite who drives a rather nice Barchetta who stopped to ask about it.

And then a guy passing in the street couldn't resist stopping to ask about it and complimenting the car.

It's nice that people share my tastes - but it can be a bit embarrassing.

Unfortunately the car is back at the garage again (has been since Thurs of the week before last), it should be back today... waiting for their call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.