Alfa Romeo Forum banner

YES!!!!! Employer grants me an ALFA 147

3K views 77 replies 15 participants last post by  Joost 
#1 · (Edited)
My day can't get any better, not even if some hot young women were standing on my doorstep wanting to come in: "please leave, I am getting estimates on lease prices for my new Alfa 147".

I have been going on about losing (read selling:eek: ) my Giulia for about 2 months now, all the time not expecting (based on his words) my employer would OK an Alfa. Today he did! No Grande Punto (although I like her).

The object of my affection and the car I have gotten six estimates for today:

147 3 door 1.9 JTDM 16V Collezione. A Dutch action model. Basically the Distinctive version with a full leather interior. See piccies? Click here

Only two maybes:
- the Collezione is not being made anymore, but there are still some available through dealers.
- I can't be 100% sure my boss man likes it or agrees with the monthly estimate.

But I think it'll be OK. I can live with a Distinctive if circumstances call for it ;) And as for as boss man is concerned: he needs to look at the price tag, which is just below his offered max.

I'll keep you posted when things get to be final!

Happy cheers
Joost

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Hi Nev,

In Holland the Distinctive is the top spec, but the Collezione adds full leather for just € 250.

cheers

#5 ·
Peter K said:
Good news! keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)
Thanks Peter, I will give an update in time.

#8 ·
Kevin Slegg said:
Great news - you can dump your VW and start telling people what you drive without feeling embaressed:D :D :D

Hi Kevin,

Finally I can take the paper bag off my head. Perhaps some women will find me attractive without it, driving a 147...;)

#9 ·
Geno68 said:
The pics look fantastic. What transmission do you get, i.e is it Selespeed?.
Do you guys get the 147 Ti over there? I the Distinctive may be the equivalant of what is sold as a Ti over here in Oz.
Standard Trans is manual. And that is fine by me.

The Ti is an optional package over here. But the Edizione is loaded with extras (no connect nav though), but more than I could have hoped for!

The Blackline (see former link) is more like the Ti, although with less powerfull engines :confused: and she lacks the aircon....:confused: again.

#10 ·
Joost,

You had better give an offering to whatever motoring gods you pray to in order to thank them for permitting Alfa-leasing. :)

While you're at it you'd better present another, more impressive offering to those same gods to ensure that you'll get a good, non-lemony Alfa, because if the 147 is going to be in the shop every other week, your judgement and value as an employee is going to be put in doubt. ;) :D Honestly, you'd likely be better off with the VW. That way when it goes wrong, you'd be able to say, "but sir, that's the car you picked." ;)
--Toronto

#11 ·
Toronto Spider said:
Joost,

You had better give an offering to whatever motoring gods you pray to in order to thank them for permitting Alfa-leasing. :)

While you're at it you'd better present another, more impressive offering to those same gods to ensure that you'll get a good, non-lemony Alfa, because if the 147 is going to be in the shop every other week, your judgement and value as an employee is going to be put in doubt. ;) :D Honestly, you'd likely be better off with the VW. That way when it goes wrong, you'd be able to say, "but sir, that's the car you picked." ;)
--Toronto
Toronto, are you for real???!!!

As said, maintenance and temp. replacement is a package deal....

#15 ·
Good news Joost!!:cool: :cool: :cool:
Now you can swan around in a proper car...:D

#17 ·
ACAPULCO AL said:
Joost, prepare to have random women throw themselves at you once again:D I'm pleased for you dude, having the Golf must've been pretty soul destroying:mad:

My soul has hidden himself in my cupboard with the Alfa Romeo parafenalia ;)

#18 ·
selespeed said:
:cool: all I can say is sdhfgy sdfgdsycsd hasgcyvb :D
Yes indeed: I feel so kajhdhLKQHKD KJWEHdfkidh now!

#19 ·
selespeed said:
:cool: all I can say is sdhfgy sdfgdsycsd hasgcyvb :D
:D :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

#20 ·
mr.orange said:
Dont get your hopes up Joost like ;) :lol: :cheese:

You speak from experience perhaps? Judging by the way you disguise yourself! ;) :D

#21 ·
Toronto Spider said:
You know I'm happy for you, Joost. I really am. :)

I'm just used to looking for the dark cloud in the silver lining because the way my luck runs, anything good eventually turns around to bite me in the posterior region. :rolleyes: ;)
--Toronto

Seems te be the other way round in my life, although getting the Golf does not seem to support that :lol:

#22 ·
Result!!!

:D

Bear in mind contract leasing alfa's seems to be twice as expensive as the usual crowd like saab's, audi's, etc... thats why we didn't opt out of the company car scheme and get ourselves a GT.

:(

#23 ·
Congratulations, you can put that Alfa keyring Selespeed bought you to good use :)

#24 ·
GhostyDog said:
Bear in mind contract leasing alfa's seems to be twice as expensive as the usual crowd like saab's, audi's, etc...
:(
Not quite true at the moment, my 159 and the equivelant 3 series cost virtually the same on contract hire, guy in the next office's Saab costs the same too.

My 156 was contract hire too and wasnt expensive.

The GT was more expensive (and a cheaper car) right enough.

Depends how brave the leasing company are I suppose.

#25 ·
Gary Slegg said:
Congratulations, you can put that Alfa keyring Selespeed bought you to good use :)
Yes Gary, it's about time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.