Alfa Romeo Forum banner

trying something out

3K views 51 replies 12 participants last post by  harleyriv 
#1 ·
last time i took my car out for a long drive it was really really hot out.when i got home i popped the bonnet to check the oil and other fluids(not coolant;) )and i lent on the inlet manifold and nearly burn myself.the inlet plenum and the 6 inlet pipes were absolutely red hot.so i was thinking to myself that these parts getting redhot are gonna warm the air thats coming into the engine and decrease power(a little and not as much as if it was a turbo car).
so ive taken off my plenum and inlets as i got the back rocker gasket to do and ive sprayed them in high temp insulating paint.hopefully when they go back on the inlet charge temp will be a little cooler and therefore give a little bit more power(probably not noticable).
was going to do the rocker covers and the spark plug covers but i was thinking that i may end up raising my oil/water temperatures if i dont let enough hot air escape from the engine.
also considering some sort of coating/wrap for the rubber/plastic induction pipes cos they get pretty warm too and also gonna relocate the intake pipe from the bottom of the airbox from the well to the front bumper cut out next to the fog light for a slightly colder intake,and maybe a slight ram air effect:cool: :p

anybody got any thought on if its gonna be worthwhile??

rich

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.