Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Can you retro fit to a 156?

Tags
fit retro
2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  AutobotVanguard 
#1 ·
Evening all

I have a 2005 156, it has manual back windows and doesn't have the little computer screen on top of the dash. Does anybody know if I buy the electric window motors etc for the rear will the wiring already be there, and the same question for the LCD displace and buttons that control it.

Cheers

Adam

G
#2 ·
What year is the car?

The info centre system inc the little screen needs the info centre dual climate control panel to operate, the select button version of the indicator stalk and the wiring set up . I'd suggest if the car doesn't have these things it would be cheaper to sell the car and buy a car with these items prefitted.

Same goes for the rear windows. The tears work from the drivers control panel. You'd need to change that. If the wiring is not there, you'd need to install it all too. Again, a huge job..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Unless it's an import?

addsclayton: can you provide us with more info on the car? pics, etc

#9 ·
PM or email me your VIN number and I'll check on eper as to when it was made, etc. Don't post it in this thread for security ...

#12 ·
They did do basic models right throughout the production run, I've broken a few 2004 & 2005 models with no info centre, no dual zone climate, no electric rear windows etc. In fact I owned one myself, a 2004 54 plate 1.9 JTD 8v Turismo. It even had 15" wheels which I replaced with 16" Veloce spoked wheels.

#13 ·
I have a 53-plate 16v jtd sportwagon, but it is a Turismo, so it came with cloth seats, no info centre and no electric windows in the back.

#15 ·
Name of very well know weight loss company is blacklisted....

Only full fat content here?:thumbs:

Now I see what happened.

It picked up TWA(T)

#18 ·
It might reduce the centre of gravity ... very, very slightly ... take the rear seats out to save weight ...

... but then this is from the Corsa forum, so what do you expect ... most have the wrong size tyres stretched onto the rims meaning every time they park they kerb what could be expensive alloys and I bet most have paid £30 fines for their number plates ...

And you don't get lighter by lying flat ... you spread your weight over a greater surface area ...

Jeez ... :cry:

#19 ·
Haha loving some of the replies, I am fairly sure that it is a uk car, but I will PM and if you could check that would be amazing. Spreading your weight over a larger surface doesn't mean that you weigh less just to clear that up. Many years ago I removed the rear seats in my Renault 5 turbo to reduce weight, issue I have now is where would I put the kids and if I was trying to reduce weight it would be to increase fuel economy.......oh how my life has changed lol.

#23 ·
I am currently retrofitting rear electric windows. Not so bad of a job! You will need the wiring loom for both sides and the drivers door then the three door cards and two switches ( don't need to be rear switches as they are the same as passenger ones) I would say give it a go!
Just found out it's quite hard to type lying down.... But I defo feel lighter!

#24 ·
The infocentre on the dash doesn't really do anything, mine mostly moans at me about my blocked EGR valve and insists that I'm overdue a service which is a lie because I treated her to one in August. If you can bear the condescending looks of non-Turismo drivers, I'd spend the money on 00mph instead :)

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.