Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Hello!

537 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  alfaholic 
#1 ·
Hello all!! Allow me to introduce myself. Like everyone here, I'm a confirmed Alfa addict - I'm on my second 156 now. The first was a 2.0 Red TSpark S2, which I regretted getting rid of straight away. I then went through the wilderness years of Renault ownership (Zzz) dreaming of owning another Alfa and just bought a 156 2.5 V6, S2, leather. She's a beauty. Of course, all that pleasure comes with a bit of pain (being an Alfa, it's not 100% perfect) so that's why I came to be here! Currently researching why it occasionally stalls when coming to a stop in traffic (annoying!!).

Kind Regards,
Dave.

#4 ·
Welcome to AO mate. :D

Stalling, Hmm - induction electronics sounds like :(

Try cleaning the components - gunk can cause them to fail.

either that or unplug them in sequence to see what stops it doing it. Korky (Korkytcat) might have an idea as he did spend rather a long time with the old Granada he had getting it running sweet and unplugging things is what he did.
I would live with until it becomes a prob or get it on a diagnostic tester to see if any faults are logged on the ECU - if it has it will be there.

Good Luck tracing it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.