Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2.0 JTDm 170 - twin exhaust conversion kit

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Clogz 
G
#1 ·
Has anyone carried out the twin exhaust conversion? I think my exhaust is on the way out as when it regens there is a loud rattle which from reading other posts it will only get worse :(.

I'm obviously going to have to replace it but I'm considering the conversion but don't want to get a new exhaust now and find its a different one to that of the twin when I later decide to change.

Is it the same exhaust just the Y section is needed?

I know the main additions are the Y section, exhaust and heat shield but is there anything else? What would I go for? The 2.4 or the 3.2 and how do I even know if these are compatible with the 2.0?

Thanks!

#5 ·
I've had the same problem and in my research have found that you have 3 choices re replacing the silencer.
1) replace with an original Alfa silencer
2) get a twin box conversion from Ragazzon, Supersprint or Alfatuner (Alfatuner was a very reasonable price I must add).
3) replace the original silencer with a Supersprint one (the left box from their twin box conversion kit)

Cheapest is 1, then 3, then 2. Original box is about £300 and the Supersprint box only (stainless) is £345.
The Supersprint complete conversion is pretty dear in comparison to the Alfatuner one.
Supersprint don't say the left box will replace the original with existing pipework but 159_kid did and said it went straight on. I'll be able to confirm that in a few days hopefully.

If you just want to replace the silencer asap but leave the option for the twin conversion later then I think you either get a standard silencer now and then throw it away when you have the money for a complete Alfatuner system OR get the Supersprint silencer now and then add the splitter pipe plus right silencer later. Unless someone has found any other options?

Hope that helps in your decision making.

#6 ·
The Alfa Tune exhaust I have on mine makes a really nice sound its not to intrusive for every day use but it makes itself known when you go for a play. The quality is outstanding too.

#8 ·
Diesels don't really get much louder when fitting a larger/straight through exhaust. My exhaust is probably as loud as you can get it for a diesel and its still less loud than my standard motorbike.

As stated above: sound gets a bit more bass and the quality is great with great value for money.

:thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.