Alfa Romeo Forum banner

159 1.9jtdm EML

Tags
19jtdm eml
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MattB159 
#1 ·
Hi guys, it's a bit of a long shot. I've just had the "check engine" light come on but everything feels fine, the car pulls, turbo spools up, temperatures are fine and all of the fluids are within their respective levels.
I'm on holiday so I've got no access to any OBD tools.
The only thing it's done differently was that it did a DPF regen on the way up here a couple of days ago and it's got a bottle of redex in the tank.
Any ideas?

Matt

#5 ·
I have a similar problem on mine but its the 156 1.9 16V jtd 2004 model, the management light is on, if i plug it in to the laptop i can turn the light off, leave it for a min, turn the key and its back on and kicks up insufficient egr flow although the egr valve is fine, it idles lovely and pulls like a mother, mine does have a DPF but no DPF light

#6 ·
All sorted. It was P0401, not enough airflow into the EGR. Cleared the fault and its not come back. I imagine it was something to do with either the DPF regen it did on the way up the previous day or because I was doing a lot of slow, low gear steep hills.
Thanks for the help.

#7 ·
I'd take it as a little bit of a warning, if you start loosing power at low revs and other issue, you are likely to have a poorly EGR.

It may be that the solenoid is starting to corode and stick, you most notice the problem when it jams open (lose of power etc), but if it jams shut, then the car will run well, but the EML will come on and you will get the light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.