Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Split coolant hose

Tags
coolant split
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gerryd 
#1 ·
Back again with yet more problems.

The bottom coolant hose (pics attached) has got a pin hole leak which is right on the join with the engine/thermostat or whatever it goes into at the bottom of the engine.

It must have been leaking last night as I smelt a slight burning smell but thought nothing more of it until this morning where the smell was so bad I had to open the windows and then when I pulled to a stop it gave way and there was smoke/steam everywhere. By the time I opened the bonnet there was still half an inch of coolant left in the tank so no damage and caught in time I guess. The smoke/steam was where the coolant was leaking straight onto what looked like the exhaust. On another note the coolant tank is 'browning' on the top corner like its burn't from the inside - Is this normal? My last one was like it, became brittle, and leaked at the seam so I replaced it 3 years ago so it's not old.

Just been on the alfa workshop website for a part price and they range from £32 to £92 but there isn't one for a CF2 engine 2.0TS (156) as it's not in stock. Could someone just confirm that is definitely the pipe I need ( 60651925 ) or if not what do I need? Does anyone have a price handy or recommend somewhere to purchase one from?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks like the correct part number for 2.0 CF2....Eper shows it (on my 2012 copy) as £34.27.....I still think hoses should be a pound or so......

Dealer supply part I guess?

#4 ·
Yes dealer only by the sounds of it and price sounds spot on after speaking to Alfa Workshop. I can't believe the prices of some of the hoses. Unfortunately it wasn't the hose above which looks like you can get it from all the parts companies for roughly £5!

#5 ·
Those pipes break at the clamp earea usually, I just remove them and cut back just after the break and refit it, it will last long enough for you to drive around and source a cheaper pipe somewhere. I went to one of the local spare shops before and got to have a look into a bin they had with unsold pipes, I found pipes in there with similar shapes that fits. Just go check the exact form and go out to the cheaper spare shops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.