Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Diesel leak off connectors - 156 2.4JTD (10v)

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mitchok1 
#1 ·
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to remove the leak-off connectors from the injector on a 156 2.4 JTD please?

I have a broken plastic tee and need to change it. I have a spare but cant see how to get the 'tee' out of the top of the injector itself .

As always on here, any help greatly appreciated :)

Cheers
Darren

#3 ·
If they're the same as 20v they're held in by a spring clip through the injector top boss. Remove that and the connector can be pulled straight up with a pair of pliers. If it's broken inside the injector I'd screw in a self tapper and pull that up with the pliers. I'm going to treat the 20v to some brass ones when I can afford to.

#4 ·
Thanks both. I'm not sure if the 20v and 10v units are the same but will check later. In fact I seem to remember reading that the 20v has upgraded injectors so maybe not ! When I looked on the weekend, I couldnt see any sorts of clips on any of the injectors but the body of the injector does look linke there should be some sort of clip. If I dont have any luck later, I'll post a pic and hopefully someone can point out that I'm looking in the wrong area!

#7 ·
Well....problem solved. No clip, just needed pliers, a big hand, brute force and a wanton disregard for plastic bits.

Replaced with steel part now Taken from a vauxhall Vectra cdi.not yet tried to check no leaks bit will do on the weekend.

Thanks to all for the responses

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.