Alfa Romeo Forum banner

quick flash

Tags
flash
776 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  muppit 
#1 ·
Hello , ive a PH3 jts spider that flashed the engine light at me fri ,

got a friend of mine to put it on his diagnostic and it showed ignition fail code 300, and cylinder 2 missfire code 302,

the car has always had a slight hesitation on take off but has never felt like it was missing,
on tick over the engine has a slight shake, iv'e thrown a set of plugs in it to start with,
on removing the wiring from each coil it runs on three so is running on all four,

the diagnostic that i used didnt give me much else to check,

any one got any pointers

many thanks

#5 ·
as it said cylinder 2 i swapped them round, i took number 2 out and swapped it for number 1,
i cannot understand why its saying missfire, all the plugs where a perfect colour and the car drives really well,

priced a new coil from a local motor factors £85 plus vat, plugs where £40, went to start it ten minuets ago and the batterys dead, oh the joys of alfas

#6 ·
A quick up date, i fitted a full set of coils along with the new plugs all to no avail :cry:

after i fitted the coil's the engine light came on then went off after three starts,

the engine still has a stumble and you can hear the exhaust note misses a beat,
still has a hesitation on take off from cold,

don't get me wrong the car still run's ok and drives perfect, its just the engine light and slight stumble that are driving me nuts,

where else should i be looking after nearly £280 of waisted money,

many thanks

#7 ·
How good is your battery? If the ECU doesn't get 13.8 V or pretty close, it starts playing up. The ECU is very sensitive to voltage and many of our common problems can be traced to low voltage at the ECU.

Our Bellas are mostly used as weekend warriors and stand during the week with the battery draining. I always keep mine plugged into a trickle charger and with a fresh battery, all of the little niggles have diappeared.

It may be worth borrowing a fresh, high amperage battery, and seeing if this cures the mis - fire. Worth a try.

#10 ·
i check all the intakes as i thought it could be linked, but all seem ok,
ive got the car booked in for a full diagnostic, the bloke does fault finding for bmw and audi so hope fully can get past the generic code's and find what's going on,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.