Alfa Romeo Forum banner

bonnet on alfasud

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  astudialf 
#1 ·
hi all does anyone know if you can still buy brand new sud bonnets as i need one for my car or does anyone have a good second hand one that they want to sell to me :).

#7 ·
Are you sure, I've only ever had good used GENUINE bonnets? Never had a new one as far as I can remember. Hatches, wings and doors yes but never a bonnet. Maybe it came from Peter or Mr Parry?
Can't help Pat, I only have one spare 'sud bonnet and it needs work mate. Got four sprint bonnets though, if anyone is in need?

#11 ·
Have you tried UK's main Alfa importer? They could still have old stock lying around.
I was talking to a alfa mechanic with 40 years experience working on them about a used bonnet, he said the main importer would still stock them and low and behold they do! I'm not buying though because the price is crazy "how much do you want one"
I know where not in the same place but maybe you could just go straight to the main source.

#14 ·
Hi Kev, not too sure with these, they are my last pair. You never know, I might need them one day? I might be tempted if the price was right. I think Mr Parry has non genuine ones for £250 a pair. The link to that Greek website, the person you need to speak to is a lady called Evi, very helpful and she speaks ok english. I'm not too sure what she has left now though and her shipping costs are very high.

G
#15 ·
yes mate, they seem to fetch a premium

had a price from john which was much better than steve parry, but still more tempting to make my own for the cost of replacing them.

understand that keeping hold of impossible to find parts makes perfect sense, i would do the same.

just i can't justify spending the bext part of £200 for a pair of rails when they aren't too hard to make and they are hardly in view.

if it was for a pair of as new doors or wings then i would feel different, but unless a pair turn up for £30 or so each then i will just make them :thumbs:

still could do with a back panel though...

not bothered about which series it comes from

#16 ·
Ok Kev, if you're cabable of making them then that has got to be the way to go. Mind you if you ever see them for £30 then please get some for me!
I've looked again this morning and no rear panels, sorry. I did have the rear panels complete right up to the lights and hatch bottom but I've got rid of them all. None on the horizon either, at the moment. All the panels are getting scarce now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.