Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Spider BOSE question

Tags
bose
3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Squadrone Rosso 
#1 ·
What is the obvious thing to look for in the Spider to tell (someone who probably has no idea about the car) if it has the BOSE system fitted?

I have several car options available ATM to buy and all the sellers are in the dark.

Where to look for anything that is a dead giveaway?

#5 ·
Why should there be, there isn't in the 159? If the sub is tucked away under the dash you wouldn't be able to see it anyway, like I said to your average car dealer (of whom I'm asking questions) they wouldn't know where to look.

Where exactly is the sub, is it even visible?

Is the amp in the boot labelled up with the manufacturers name?

#6 ·
#7 ·
That's a bit clearer, so it's between the seats in the centre console? I know the door speakers aren't marked up so I just want to be able to ask the seller of a car where to look. The BOSE exploded view linked above would have the sub in the dash somewhere according to the arrow.

#8 ·
So, I'll answer my own question with a difinitive answer.

The door speakers aren't badged, as in the other cars. The sub is in the centre console pretty much dead between the seats and is badged with the BOSE logo. The amp is in the boot on the LHS behind a little flap.

How do I know? I've just seen one with it in.

I really can't believe there's nobody on this forum with one in their car, maybe my search is going to be a long one? Maybe I should just be done and buy a 350Z GT?

#9 ·
They are a rare car anyway & BOSE was an expensive option.

At least you know now & it will help other members in the future:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.