Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Whos got a Sud Tis???

Tags
sud tis
824 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  veesix75 
#1 ·
Currently restoring a Sud Tis ( smaller boot) Just wondering if anyone else has one as there is limited information on these.

Cheers

Tom

#2 ·
My dad bought one new in 1980. White, reg SVW543W, bought in Colchester, Essex. He part ex'd it in 1983 for a new 33 GC. I think the sud rusted away by the late 80s. What is it that you want to know about them? It was essentially a series 2 TI, with the front wings, lights, grill, bumpers and spoiler of a series 3 Ti. Single carb 85BHP 1500 ti engine. Series 1, 2, steel crinkley wheels. Series 2 ti interior. Also had the cloth ti rear pillar badges, early style petrol filler cap. I think it also had the larger black plastic bonnet vent. I have the original dealer brochure for it somewhere.

#3 ·
Well im restoring it so need to know what it was like originaly like. Very low miles on it 43k , 2 owners from new which where in the same family, the first chap died and left it to his son. Has had a ton of money spent on it in its live but has been stripped down and left until I bought it a few weeks ago.

A few bits missing, not sure if it had the chrome bumpers. The engine in it was replaced with the twin carbs from a sprint along time ago.

The reg is PGV 100W if anyone knows any info on it :)

#5 ·
I had a TiS, but it had twin carbs. I always assumed it was the original engine but on the above comments it cant have been?

it was a boot, had the S2 interior, but the S3 front end and bumbers, rear spoiler, plus a webasto sunroof.

It had alloys also which I also assumed were standard, not the steel wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.