Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Anyone fancy a GT 3.2 V6?

Tags
fancy
3K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  misterchase 
G
#1 ·
...and before you start it's not mine. Well to tell a lie it is really :lol:

I'm getting a car off the work lease scheme. Got a decent quote for a Guilietta 1.4 MA Veloce but have put some quotes in for non-Alfas as well (naughty me) and just awaiting those

G
#4 ·
I've not driven one as yet so it's a bit of a gamble if I do go for one, to be honest I'm not 100% as yet so may opt out of the lease scheme at the final hurdle...if I'm going to do it I need to do it now as they are changing the lease compnay soon and it will be loads more and a list of cars to choose from instead of any motor

#8 ·
Well hope you make the right decision and get the car you want.
Electric steering always feels a bit vague. But with stringent MPG that most companies are trying to squeeze every last mile out of their figures as well as lower tax bands its the only way to go.

With a bit of luck they have probably come along way to the feeling disjointed electric power that was chucked in 10 years ago.

Worse case scenario is remove the fuse from the electric power steering ;-)
Then you can have normal feel...

I did this on an old pounto becasue the electric felt awful sometimes. I actually throught the car drove better without it. And this was with a heavy JTD in the front.

Anything with power steering always looses some feel from without. But parking and tight turns can be a nightmare without it.

#10 ·
I think they have combated the old horrible feel of the electrics by using that whole dynamic settings where there are three pre-defined settings to the cars settings. So they must have tightened things up a little.

I doubt its really that bad though. An lets face is the "G" is a fabulously good looking car.

G
#12 ·
It will be the last cause If I go on the lease scheme I keep it for three years. Now that would be a shocker :eek:

£200 a month for a 1.4 MA Veloce and that includes road tax, insurance, breakdown, and all tyres etc!!!

Still deciding

#15 ·
HI Graham,
Do you know the in and outs of leasing? £200 a month sounds great, I've never seen a price like that for all inc and don't really know how it works with benefit in kind etc I'm just wondering if it's £200 then you have to pay 40% tax on something.
To be fair i only ever looked at leasing a 159 TI Sportwagon, but I can't be doing £300+ on a car per month (he says owning a V6 GT).

Could you give me a Layman's explanation as to what exactly you expect to lay out and if you know what your company has to lay out. Our company opted out of Company cars a few years ago, so it would be nice to know if it's worth getting them to think about leasing. £200 per month is a bit of a no brainer, but I'd be keeping the GT cos it's miles nicer than a 'G'. You've had the V6 GT a fair while haven't you? is it about 6 weeks?? Thought my brother was bad with his mountain bikes

#17 ·
work pay a certain amount towards it as well so it is £200 all in for me :)
as it was mentioned ....if your employer pays any contribution, this will be taxed as a benefit in kind based upon the value of the car (inc optional extras) and the emissions it spews out. This deduction will take the format of an adjustment to your personal allowance tax code, possibly taking it negative. However, the fact that you are also paying a £200 contribution, effectively gets deducted from the tax reduction.

I take it that if you choose to keep your own car, your employer gives you some cash instead. thats how it works with me and my work ....I just take the cash

#19 ·
200 a month is a cracking deal on a new car, but it's a lot more than my Gta costs me even allowing for all the repairs I've had to pay for over the last three years, so it wouldn't tempt me out of a gt 3.2.

#22 ·
Cheers for clearing that up with the Tax issues Guys, I do get an allowance for not having a car, but from the first month I got it, I got used to spending it not on a car:cheese:

G
#24 ·
I would have done it ages ago really, all my 'team' have them including an A6, a nice Merc Saloon (not sure model), BMW 3 series, VW Scirrocco...I need to improve the style stakes a bit

The only reason I haven't gone for one up till now is I used to dread the fact I would have the same car for three years!!! Not I'm not fussed and fancy something new for a while

G
#26 ·
Just waiting on a new quote for a Giulietta 1.4 MA Sportiva before I decide if I am going to sell the GT. I'm thinking of grey with red leather but might do black/red or red/black. Decisions, decisions!!!

#29 ·
V6...V6...V6

I was in a dealer last week. The new car is tempting. Then even complemented me on my Alfa and a deal with part ex. They asked what car I would like next. They where shocked when I said a GT 3.2V6. Bemused by my answer in not wanting a new car the sales chap said what about the Brera 3.2 V6.

I said no that uses the wrong V6.

They looked at me as if I did a poo on the forecourt.

G
#30 ·
Good choice for your next car!!!

We could do a swap and that would keep us both quiet for a bit :lol:

I've had a couple of 159's with the GM V6, as standard it is rubbish but I modded both of mine and they were ok, not in a fast way but good as a cruiser and they sounded very good once the intake and/or exhaust had been changed. the fact the Brera looks so good would tempt me if I was offered one

#31 ·
The brera in the blue does look fab. And the fact you can run round saying it has 4 exhausts is cool.
I tired to get the other half to buy one by saying that. She looked at me as if I was special.

Come to think of it she does that alot.

Point is if your going to pick an Alfa it should at least have some Alfa parts at its heart. Hell even tweaked Fiat parts are acceptable. (Looks at the mito...)

I'd imagine the Brera and 159 chassis is great vs the 147/157/GT platform. I've loved the Brera for a long time. If only they used the Busso engine in it.

Still if you sell the GT let me know. I'd happily cough up the beans for it.

G
#32 ·
Can you imagine a Brera with a Busso V6!!! I would have two I reckon!!!

Yeah i'll keep you posted as I have a couple of options (a 159 1750 Tbi has been offered to me with a very good spec inc. Ti wheels in dark grey and at a very good price and it's black with red leather which is a combo I love!!!) so I got three decisions...actually four as would love a 159 Ti in white so may wait until the right one comes along. The thought of life without a Busso V6 though is always a scary one, I tend to get rid and then a few months later regret it and buy another :lol:

Is it a 147 GTA you have at present?

Ha ha my other half looks at me gone out on a daily basis when it comes to cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.