Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Testing Times!

Tags
testing
2K views 41 replies 9 participants last post by  PETR0LHEAD 
G
#1 ·
Well, my little Sud has had its MOT today, and this might be an odd thread, because she's failed, and yet i'm actually quite chuffed!

:confused::confused::confused:

here she is about to go under the careful eyes and hands of Rob, at MotorService Nottingham, my long chosen MOT station.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automobile repair shop Motor vehicle

Now the reason i'm pretty happy about the whole failure thing, apart from not having to re-tax it soon, is that it was simply far better than expected, and, its just the excuse i need to now take her off the road and start to get her ready for all the rebuild and modifications i've been planning and shopping towards for the last few months.

the floor and sills, although very minorly repaired already at the rear ends are remarkably good, as are most of the outward facing body panels, and apart from a couple of patches around the OSF jack point, it all appears original!! :eek::eek:

Auto part

the very rear valance panel has seen better days in the corners, and they gained me 2 of the failure points because even though they are external body panel, they are in close vacinity to the rear suspension arm mount point, which is a shame because my fibreglass rear quarters will pretty much eliminate all the affected area anyway, still, could be worse!

its was nice to see the suspension, brakes and steering all fly through, even my front inboard handbrake performed well, and released too, in the same day, thats unheard of! ha ha!
and testament to the time and energy spent over the years in looking after these parts, they should all clean and tidy up and become the useable components of the rebuild i hoped they would, so good news there again.

Auto part Fuel line Engine

See less See more
G
#40 ·
yeah thats what i mean mate,

Ted announce that He, Rodger, you are going for a track day at Cadwell on the 21st, and that should be the best opportunity for ther boxer meet, participating or not.

it's not very often an alfa meet includes spectating at or even driving on a legendary black strip such as cadwell park

best chance we'll all get this year for sure!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.